Our commitment goes well beyond providing CEO search assistance. We are your membership organization, and as such, accountable to every member board. Our mission, values and goals focus entirely on service to our membership.
ACCT’s fundamental purpose is to enhance the capacity of boards through education, advocacy, and by helping boards identify and select the best CEOs to lead their colleges on behalf of their communities.
Statement of Principles
ACCT’s Board Leadership Services is committed to delivering on our promise to help member boards. We do this by:
1. Providing an honest assessment of Board Leadership Services' capacity to perform the assignment based on the information provided by the board and college.
2. Furnishing high level consultative support with a clear understanding that we work for the Board of Trustees.
3. Ensuring that ACCT Search Consultant(s) treat any and all search related information with the utmost confidentiality.
4. Keeping the board fully informed about the process each step of the way, with no surprises.
5. Not encouraging nor recruiting for a minimum period of three years presidents/chancellors who were successfully placed as a result of an ACCT search; and.
6. Providing additional services and assistance needed to the board, as requested, to ensure a smooth leadership transition.
Our fee structure is flexible and cost effective. ACCT membership entitles a college or district to use Board Leadership Services.
Request for Proposals
We stand ready to respond to all requests for proposals with thoughtful, thorough and competitive proposals.Our fee and expense structure is cost effective and considers the ethical and judicious use of public funds. ACCT Executive Search Service will offer tailored support services to ensure success.
To request a proposal, please Complete and Submit the Request for Proposal form.
Dr. Polonio is the contact person for technical and contractual clarifications.
The ACCT search process encompasses the following steps and is designed to respond to the needs and culture of the College. Our process builds confidence in the process and ultimately the leader selected by the Board.
Our Strength, Our Commitment
ACCT specializes in providing executive search assistance to governing boards of community colleges.
We understand the needs of the community colleges.
We offer the benefit of in-depth executive search skills.
We have the advantage of the ACCT membership as a source of contacts.
Confidentiality is paramount to us.
We find and cultivate high caliber talent.
We build a unique pool of candidates for each search to "fit" the college.
- We have extensive contacts with women and minorities poised to advance.
ACCT Board Leadership Services has a long and distinguished history providing executive search assistance to more than 300 community colleges. For over 30 years we have assisted community college governing boards in fulfilling the responsibility of selection and regular evaluation of presidents and chancellors. We work closely with the governing board to assess institutional needs and to develop and facilitate a process for identifying and employing a president or chancellor who meets the needs of the institution. We are proud of providing outstanding professional and cost-effective services to governing boards.
Why trust Board Leadership Services with your search? Our Commitment to Excellence.
1. The Right Match - We will cast a wide net and aggressively seek a diverse pool of applicants.
2. We Understand the Unique Needs of a Campus During a Period of Leadership Transition - We look for the right "fit" and provide choices.
3. Going the Extra Mile - Our evaluation of candidates is rigorous.
4. Delivering a Rich Pool of Outstanding Candidates - We follow the highest professional and personal standards.